Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Marina Life

A fair bit has happened since my last post. We completed the refit and re-launched Kabuki without a hitch. Paul and I moved on board just before the splash, our Tenant moved in and all is hunky dory. We then set sail for the Bay of Islands and we got 3 wonderful days up there, but then a cyclone was forecast and we had to be back in Whangarei so we hightailed it home while the wind and conditions were right. The reason why we had to be back was because I had an appointment for shoulder surgery. I had been waiting for this surgery, but was not holding my breathe for it being anytime soon, but it came up quickly.
This called for a change in our plans, and now we are on a Marina Berth here in Whangarei, I had the surgery two weeks ago down in Auckland, two tendons in my right shoulder have been re-united and a spur removed. So I am temporarily a left-arm bandit, I am unable to move my shoulder for 6 weeks (in a sling), then I will start learning how to use my right arm again. I am not a natural left hander but things aren't too bad.
As to life on the Marina, it is nice. We have slowed down after the hustle of the last few months and are enjoying things. Paul is back at work though, and by the looks will be for the next 9 months at least. I am a lady of leisure for now, but not able to drive so the walking will do me good.

                                                             
                                          Kabuki looking spruce in her new berth.

No comments:

Post a Comment